Saturday, January 16, 2010

More Roxie News

It's been 1 month and 1 day since I brought Roxie home from the hospital.  She's now eating on her own again and drinking from the water bottle.  What does this mean for me and my wife?  Well we don't have worry about being home and awake ever 4 hours around the clock.  Roxie had to be fed 16cc's of critical care food every 4 hours.  A lot of sleep was lost, and nearly late for work a few times.  I still feed her the critical care food before I go to work and as soon as I come home.  She eats her dry kibble when I'm not around so I don't have to worry so much.

Roxie has been out playing for the past hour and is much stronger.  She still tires or gets bored more quickly than in the past, but she's fattened up and I'm not so worried about losing her.  I think Roxie is definitely out of the woods now, but she will get special attention from me for the rest of her life.



 

No comments: