Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Job Search

This month marks 1 year since I lost my job.  Hundreds of applications and Resumes later, I'm finally getting a couple of interviews. Anyone who thinks Charlotte, NC is an easy place to get decent employment is mistaken (unless or course you are willing to take a job for slightly more than minimum wage, I'm not quite that desperate just yet).

This information is superfluous to most of you, but I wanted to make a blog entry of some type since I haven't posted in a very long time.

Update: 2/25/2011

Life gets worse...

I was applying for a job as a police dispatcher and all indications from the chief were great. He called me and gave me a brief phone screening to be sure that I was okay with the third shift (I was), the pay (I was), and the days of the week I would be working (I said great!). He then said "Very Good, you will be hearing from very soon".

Today I got a rejection letter telling me they were moving forward with other candidates. This shit sucks ass. I'm running out of places to apply and I don't understand why I can't find something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came to this site to read about timekpr program. Now i read your blog about Job Search. I feel your pain. I am 37 year old former seaman with wife and three kids. About two months ago, I finished my school for adults and graduated as automation engineer. Now I am struggling to get a job. I have sent many email letters to different companies and got no answer. I hope to find a job in this autumn.
Greetings from Finland. I hope you get lucky and find a decent job.
-Markus

Bucknasty said...

Markus,

I hope you have been able to get a good job by now. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case for me. I've worked hard my whole life and have an impeccable work history. That doesn't seem to mean much these days. Thanks for you comment and good luck.

Charles