Sunday, August 12, 2018

HighPoint SSD7101A-1 & Samsung 970 Pro NVMe SSD


It’s been a long time since my last post, but I have to write about my newest upgrade to my Mid-2012 Mac Pro. I’ve been adding 2.5” SSD drives to replace the old HDD’s. It’s been a big performance boost, but nothing like my new upgrade.

I purchased a HighPoint NVMe Raid M.2 SSD carrier (SSD7101A-1) & a 512GB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe m.2 SSD. 

Wow! This thing is beyond fast... 3300 GB/s read speeds / 2800+ GB/s write speeds.

I modified the Mac Pro’s Boot Rom by injecting an NVMe driver so now my Mac is booting from the NVMe 970 Pro, and getting PCIe Gen 3 speeds with an 8 GT/s connection to the 16x Raid carrier. Storage technology on my Mac Pro is now up to the most cutting edge tech. available anyware. 

Thanks HighPoint

No comments: