Thursday, April 17, 2008

7 Days To Go...

There are seven more days to go before the new Ubuntu version is released. I've been reading the development forum and I've got to say, some of the complaints of bugs makes me wonder if it will be a good release in that time frame. I did try the earlier beta and it was all good for me, but it sounds like there are more problems now, then there were then.

Most of the problems I've read about really aren't Ubuntu's but rather Firefox 3 and Adobe Flash. None the less however since these are the packages you will be using once you install Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. No doubt these issues will be worked out in a month or so, but still I wonder if it wouldn't be wiser to wait until these issues are fixed.

My system of upgrades is pretty flawless though, so if it is a problem, it will take me about 3 minutes to restore my working disk image of v. 7.10 anyway. I'm just really hoping that the next 7 days prove to be really productive and these issues are ironed out. My fingers are crossed...

No comments: